Hii Everyone! Searching for a scholarship? Then you should have to know that the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LexS) 2023 applications are now being accepted in the Netherlands. The worldwide students can pursue their studies without the worry of financial burden. Because the LexS scholarship covers the full tuition fee.
All the successful applicants will receive a yearly payment of €15,000, giving them the resources they need to thrive in their coursework and maximize their school experience. This scholarship program is really inclusive and has an international focus because applications from all across the world are eligible. You can also apply DSU Scholarship at University of Milan in Italy 2023.
Table of Contents
Highlights of Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2023-24
- Study In: Netherlands
- Host institute: Leiden University
- Degree level: Master’s degree
- Eligible Nationality: Worldwide students
- Deadline: 1 Oct for programs beginning 1 Feb, 1 Feb for programs beginning 1 Sept.
The University of Leiden, established in 1575, aims to be a stronghold of freedom called “Praesidium Liberties.” The aim to offering these scholarships is that they want to attract worldwide students and provides them a better environment for their academic pursuits.
The university is a top international research institution in Europe. It has seven faculties and a sizable student and staff body. If you’re interested in this scholarship then please read the complete article given below.
Available Courses at Leiden University
|Faculties and Institutes|
|Social and Behavioral Sciences,|
|Governance and Global Affairs,|
|(ICLON) Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing,|
|African Studies Centre,|
|International Institute for Asian Studies,|
Benefits of Leiden University Scholarship
Leiden University Scholarship (LexS) provides several benefits to recipients:
- Recipients receive €10,000 towards their tuition fee.
- They also receive €15,000 towards their tuition fee.
- The scholarship covers the total tuition fee excluding statutory fees.
- LexS is not a fully funded scholarship.
- Non-EEA Lex recipients must demonstrate “enough funding” for visas.
- Proof of sufficient funds is necessary for student visa or residence permit applications.
Eligibility Criteria For Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
Leiden University scholarship 2023 eligibility criteria in the Netherlands Include:
- The LexS scholarship in the Netherlands requires English as the study language.
- Inclusion of the top 10% of graduate students is indicative of competitiveness.
- For MSc programs in LLM Advanced Studies and International Relations and Diplomacy, there are no nationality restrictions.
- Non-EFTA/non-EEA passport holders may not be eligible for Dutch study grant and loans.
- All international students, regardless of nationality, can apply for LexS.
- The scholarship only available for non-EU/EEA international students.
- Applicants must have achieved top grades in relevant prior coursework.
- Applicants must meet Dutch visa requirements.
- Only full-time students at Leiden University can use the LexS scholarship.
- LexS cannot be combined with other Leiden University scholarships.
- Recipients of LexS must comply with the scholarship’s terms and conditions.
- Candidates are expected to actively contribute to advancing LexS.
- By submitting the “Acceptance Form LES,” students confirm their acceptance of the scholarship.
- Students who do not meet nationality requirements are ineligible for LexS scholarships.
- Leiden Law School’s LLM (non-advanced) or MSc programs are excluded from scholarships.
- Scholarships are not available for courses starting in February.
- This applies to the faculties of humanities, sciences, and law at Leiden University.
How to apply!
- Complete the online application for admission to a graduate program.
- Pay the required application fees, if applicable.
- Specify your intent to apply for the LES scholarship online.
- Upload a 500-word PDF explaining why you deserve the award.
- Include the LES application within your complete online submission.
- Clearly state in each application that you’re applying for multiple programs and scholarships.
Visit the official website for complete details on LexS Scholarship.
FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIPS