Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) in South Korea is accepting applications for the GIST International Scholarships 2024. The scholarships are open to all international students worldwide, offering opportunities for Masters, Doctoral, and Masters leading to PhD degrees. The scholarships are fully funded for the academic year 2023-2024. Aspiring students seeking prestigious education in Korea should apply.
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is offering approximately 300 fully-funded scholarships to international students for Masters/M.Phil and Ph.D. programs. The scholarships cover all study expenses, and there is no application fee. GIST provides a wide range of study fields for the academic year 2023-2024. The scholarship fully covers all study expenses, with Masters programs spanning 2 years and PhD programs extending to 4 years. You can also apply Austrian Government Scholarships 2024 | Top Universities in Austraia.
Table of Contents
Details of GIST International Scholarships 2024
- Study In: South Korea
- Host University: Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
- Degree Level: Masters/MPhil and Ph.D. MS leading to a PhD
- Eligible Nations: All Nationalities
- Scholarship type: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 15 October 2023
Available Study Fields at GIST
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- School of Integrated Technology
- School of Life Science
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
Benefits of GIST International Scholarships 2024
The GIST South Korea Scholarship offers full funding for international students pursuing graduate and postgraduate degrees, covering all study expenses. The benefits details guven below:
|Financial Services||Master’s Degree||Ph.D. Degree|
|Full Tuition Fee Waiver||3,415,000 KRW/semester||3,415,000 KRW/semester|
|Monthly Stipends||140,000 KRW/month||295,000 KRW/month|
|Research Assistantship||4,820,000 KRW/year||11,480,000 KRW/year|
|Health Insurance||60% of National Health Insurance fee||60% of National Health Insurance fee|
|Annual Medical Checkup||Included||Included|
|Flight Reimbursement||One-way flight to Korea reimbursed||One-way flight to Korea reimbursed|
Eligibility Criteria For GIST Scholarship
GIST Scholarship eligibility requires candidates to meet the following criteria.
- GIST Scholarship open to international candidates worldwide.
- Master’s degree applicants need a Bachelor’s degree.
- Doctoral degree applicants require a Master’s degree.
- University of Miami Stamps Scholarships 2023 (Fully Funded) | USA
- DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship 2024
- Submit the Application Documents (Form1) as follows:
- Provide Bachelor’s Degree or Bachelor’s Diploma certificate.
- Include Bachelor’s Degree transcript.
- Attach Master’s Degree or Master’s Diploma certificate.
- Include Master’s Degree transcript.
- Attach Two letters of Recommendation (Form2).
- Submit valid English Proficiency Test certificate.
- Provide a copy of your Passport.
- Optional: Submit Letter of Recommendation for Matriculation Fee Waiver (Form3).
- Optional: Include Certificate of English Proficiency from home university.
The deadline to apply for GIST Scholarships in South Korea for the academic year 2023-2024 is October 15, 2023. Make sure to submit your application on time.
How to Apply!
The Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) South Korea Scholarship application is online. Ensure timely and complete submission of all required documents for consideration. Late applications may be considered for the next semester upon request.
FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIPS